IsaNova

Answered

Exactly as the title implies. Make the voting for the map resets in-game. This way, people that are unrelated to the Voltz server, got banned, or don't play anymore, don't get a chance to shift the vote into a different direction than the actually active playerbase might actually want. You could still anounce it on the Discord to get as much attention as possible, but just have the actual voting on the server itself. This would ensure that only actual players could vote.

 

I feel like this would make for a more fair, more balanced, and more fun voting system. One that could actually represent the opinions of the players.

I really hope you consider my idea.

 

-Isa

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has that ever been a thing Isa? If so how would it be done?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the last few resets have been decided over discord. If I’m correct they all voted yes. However, when the vote shows that there won’t be one you want to have one in game? Seems fishy. I understand that you want a more balanceD system. But people can also alt in game. Personally I feel it should stick to discord.

Edited by Exiled
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isa is like, the leading force for the "do not reset the server" side of the argument. Just saying.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The vote for server resets will remain in Discord as it is much harder to rig a vote there than it is in-game since we've had a recent problem with people having more than 5 alternate accounts and several instances of VPN/Proxy abuse.

We're very much aware of who is active on the server when we check the reactions so it's easier to spot trolls and unfamiliar names.. as well as accounts that were just created. – Active players are valued but those who have quit and await resets also need to be accounted for as some may be apprehensive to log onto the server just to cast a vote.

This is how we've always done it and it will remain that way, feel free to let active players know of it in-game so they can join our Discord and let us know of their opinion.

Furthermore, to anyone reading this that isn't currently in our Discord, please use the following link to join: https://discord.gg/BcQV5bQ

 

Hopefully this is a satisfying answer, the thread will remain open if anyone wishes to throw in their own opinion on this subject but please note that this answer is final and arguing may result in the thread being locked.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19-6-2018 at 6:41 AM, TheScout666 said:

Has that ever been a thing Isa? If so how would it be done?

No, it has never been done. I would assume the same way like the giveaway happened; maybe with books at /warp trade?

 

7 hours ago, Exiled said:

the last few resets have been decided over discord. If I’m correct they all voted yes. However, when the vote shows that there won’t be one you want to have one in game? Seems fishy. I understand that you want a more balanceD system. But people can also alt in game. Personally I feel it should stick to discord.

I'm pretty sure they have all voted in favour of the map reset, yes. I actually wrote this post because I wanted to give the other side a chance. I've only once of all the times I got to vote been in favour of the map reset. And that wasn't this map.

As MAHJINKA said, I'm heavily against resetting the map currently. And so is my faction, mostly.

The alt-problem is fair. But considering they did the giveaway in-game, I feel like they had a way to work that out proper.

 

6 hours ago, MAHJINKA said:

Isa is like, the leading force for the "do not reset the server" side of the argument. Just saying.

+1

 

2 hours ago, Anarchy said:

The vote for server resets will remain in Discord as it is much harder to rig a vote there than it is in-game since we've had a recent problem with people having more than 5 alternate accounts and several instances of VPN/Proxy abuse.

We're very much aware of who is active on the server when we check the reactions so it's easier to spot trolls and unfamiliar names.. as well as accounts that were just created. – Active players are valued but those who have quit and await resets also need to be accounted for as some may be apprehensive to log onto the server just to cast a vote.

This is how we've always done it and it will remain that way, feel free to let active players know of it in-game so they can join our Discord and let us know of their opinion.

Furthermore, to anyone reading this that isn't currently in our Discord, please use the following link to join: https://discord.gg/BcQV5bQ

 

Hopefully this is a satisfying answer, the thread will remain open if anyone wishes to throw in their own opinion on this subject but please note that this answer is final and arguing may result in the thread being locked.

Thank you for your answer and your considerations. This answer, even though it might not be what I was looking for, is satisfactory. I heard that you guys were taking in account who voted, as in, active players, and former active players. This is basically just as good if not better. All I wanted is a equal chance between the choice of resetting or not, and I feel that other map-reset-votes haven't gotten that equal treatment with how many players that voted seemingly didn't even play-- or only for the first week of the reset (which doesn't help anyone). 

And thank you for keeping this thread open so I could type my response(s).

 

Kind regards,

~Isa.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now