Schockie

What is your In Game Name?

CsaTar (I used to go with the alias "Schockie")

What is your time zone?

CEST

When are you available?

I'm available usually from 10am - 2am CEST.
These times might have gaps in them since I'm applying for jobs and doing shores.

What time can you dedicate to programming on week-days and week-ends

It really depends on how busy I am with life etc.
I'd say 5 hours per week on average.
I currently have a 2 month vacation so the times will be way higher but after that I will be working as a fulltime developer at a company.

When did you first start playing Minecraft? (Answer in depth)
All information will be checked

I started playing minecraft when it was in Beta 1.3.
Which was about February 2011.
I didn't play it that much around that time, most of my time was spend playing single player.
When Beta 1.7.1 released I really started playing it a lot.

In total I'd say that I have between 1-3k hours in game.
I really liked playing this game especially factions.

What experiences do you have programming?, What programming languages are you familiar with? (Answer in depth)

My first programming experience was with VB.net when I was about 13 years old.
This wasn't very in-depth, the programs I wrote where simple applications like a small webbrowser etc.

From age  ~14 until the age of 19 I rarely programmed.
I started a course in Informatics in College (Associate's degree) and I'm about to graduate (I will graduate after passing one exam in August).

My main experience lies with C# (I can make about anything I want with it, websites with asp.net, socket applications etc).
I'm also a bit experienced with Java but this is unrelated to minecraft.
I've done backend website developement with both C# and Java.
Written Runescape bot scripts in Java.

I've done a 4 month internship at a market research company developing the front end of a website in React JS.

I would say that I'm not a starter anymore and currently moving over from moderately experienced to a "real" developer.

What would you rate your knowledge of these programming languages (1-10)? and why?

C# 7/10 - familiar with syntax and familiar with it's architecture.
Java 5/10 - Quite novice but I can find my ways around problems.
React JS 6/10 - I've had some experience but I'm not very fond of javascript.

What API's are you familiar with? What would you rate your knowledge of these API's (1-10)? and why?
For example the Forge API, Bukkit API and Sponge API. Also mention any other relative API's you are familiar with

I've used Forge API and Bukkit API a long time ago for some minor projects but I can't say that I am experienced with those API's.

So i'd say both are 1's.

Why should you be a Developer? Why do you want to be a Developer? (Answer in depth)
Please answer thoroughly

I am motivated to work on projects that will actively be used by people.
Currently I have a lot of free time on my hands and it wouldn't hurt me if I where to spend my free time on programming for this community.

Although I have been inactive for around a year now I was a very active member of this community and spend a lot of time in this server and modpack.
I also want to learn to work with Bukkit API and this would be a great motivator (I'm already motivated but this will prevent that it wears of).
I consider myself to be a very capable person and I think that I can make a difference in this community.

I have a lot of nostalgia for this game and modpack and would like to relive the experience this game actually brings.
And would be very glad to help one of the few surviving Voltz servers and try to make it flourish.

Who are you?
Give us a little information on yourself

My name is Jari Schockaert.
I'm a Informatics student from Belgium.
I'm 21 years old about to graduate after I finish a single exam in august.
I love gaming and programming, I think both are very good for passing time. 

What are your strengths and weaknesses?
This is nothing to do with what mods / plugins you know and don't know or how good of a developer you are. We are asking what intellectual attributes you have and if you have any flaws in your personality (trust me, we all do) - you can list them via bullet points or write a paragraph or two

One of my major "annoyances" I see in myself is that I am VERY EASILY distracted.
And that I tend to procrastinate (unless there is social pressure).

One of my pluses is that I am able to fail, fail and fail and I won't give up trying what I want to achieve until it's done.
Although I am easily distracted with very specific things like Programming or trying to learn to play piano I've noticed that I spend A LOT of time trying and trying until it's complete.
Something I didn't realize about myself for a long time.

I'm not sure if this is a + or a -...
But I'm more of an introvert yet somehow a very obnoxious one.

I'm a perfectionist, sometimes I would consider this to be a good thing but at other times ...

Source code of previously developed applications/plugins/mods will be requested as proof of your knowledge, it may be sent through a PM.

I'll show of some previous projects unrelated to minecraft.

Edited by Schockie
More info

Application Accepted, sorry for the slow reply! Please contact me directly on Discord, Oblivion#0537