KuJIer

Hello!

Recently Iv'e has some trouble playing on the server, I log in and no chunks are being loaded chat is not working and I just keep falling down.
It takes up to a few minutes to actually "spawn" back to where I left off and for chat messages to appear. I can break blocks but it takes them a few minutes to appear too.

It happens everywhere so it's not my base, internet speed is all good (~90 down 2-3 up) and I've allocated 4 GB of ram to MC so I'm stumped.

If anyone had experienced/fixed this I'd love to get a hand here.

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: It seems to be a problem with home network, I opened up a hotspot from my cell and it works fine. So if anyone knows what I can do to make it work for my home network I'll be here!

Edited by KuJIer

I'm no expert but this is what I'd do/try.

I'd just make sure that if you're on wifi you try to be as close to your router as possible/get as stronger signal as possible. OR try to set up an ethernet connection? I'd highly recommend connecting via ethernet - means that you do not get any interference and other wifi traffic doesn't mess with your connection & its not limited by distance etc.

What affects Wi-FI?

A check of your router settings/windows settings for firewalls/antiviruses - which could affect ping - would not do you any harm!

-EdgarP01

I actually saw someone having difficulty with his ethernet connection and it only worked on WiFi for some reason.

And I tried both ethernet and wifi (I have a secondary router set up next to my pc) and it still delays badly or crashes, "internal exception java.net.sockettimeoutexception read timed out" That's the crash error.

Thanks for your time though!

Hello fellow players, 

I myself have had a lot of connection issues and always have had the same problem.

Some routers always use the same IP for new registered Devices such as Phones or Tablets, if youre online wich such an device and another device with the same IP, its gets into conflict with each other so you should assign an own IP for every device in your Wifi.

Your described Symptoms look like that problem to me but im no technician. Could be everything.

I've actually set up my home network and every device has it's own static ip so I'm afraid it's not that :/ 

I actually tried to connect right after a server restart and it worked fine, might be the restart or the fact that the server didn't have 20 players at the time but it worked smoothly. (it seems to always happen when the server is populated). So I'm not sure if it's a problem on my end, the servers end, or some combination of both. 

Has the server changed hosts recently? - that's the only thing I can think of right now because I'm stumped lol. 

Thank you for you comment though! 

Hello, I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Edgar had some wonderful solutions but I’m afraid that’s not always it. This could be an issue with simply your location, you may be too far from the server that it creates a huge delay. You mentioned that you connect fine via hotspot so I’d recommend completely restarting your router. On the bottom of your router you should find a tiny hole, try sticking something thin like a paper clip and hold it for a few seconds. This will restart your router completely and you’ll need to setup a new password. Hope this helps.

Yeah I tried setting up the routers all over again to no avail, and this only started recently that's what bugs me about it.

I'll just use the hotspot everytime it crashes, it's not ideal but it'll have to do for the time being.

Thank you for your response!