Kevven990

Hello people of Voltz Oblivion.

I can not say this enough, this server is awesome. But every medal has two sides. 

Downside to our market and economy system is that players can have so much money that they dont know what to do with it.

I think its great to be able to buy a complete Base when u have nothing exept money, but when does that happen? Players with much money (like 100k and more) tend to have multiple bases and they just never use their money when they can produce it for nothing else than strange matter.

Another downside is that you can generate money if you know how it works.

So the only players that use and need the money are the newbies or everyone else after a reset.

Money flows from the newbies to the ones that sell items, and doesnt go back to the ones that could use it way more than the ones that have it

I think we should have kind of a more realistic economy system. One where money equals power and where you can buy special services with money like an garantueed Op enchantment.

Or a serverwide contest of the players who have the most money.

The richest players should get privilegues the others dont have like controllong something. Players should feel like their money is working for them.

Exept for the newer players the economy is just not practical in my humble opinion

Edited by Kevven990

First of all: Money isn't that simple to generate, atleast not in large amounts (millions). Generating those amounts of money takes time, resources, technical knowledge and a good deal of work.

Second: The people who have loads of money still use it. I've seen people pay others multiple millions to build them bases or donate for them.

I think the economy is fine as it is, and i think the server needs the donations it gets and we shouldn't lower that amount by making donor perks purchasable with ingame cash.

Whoah xD

I just meant that there is too much Money thats never really used. All these things that you can buy can be recreated by AAs. If not you could AA the resources. So no need for money

True to a point... but as always time is money.

-You can spend all day AA'ing resources if you have the time and no money

-Or if you have no time, you could just buy what you are looking for. lol

Honestly, once players accumulate enough money the market becomes null and void regardless... at that point, its just to see which player can generate the highest in-game income for arbitrary "ranking" purposes. 

But if players with the most money were able to purchase say "end game" items or services, that would completely throw the balance of the game out of wack!  Just my opinion though!

Fraz  

Wouldnt it be nice if we actually had a stock market for resources with changing prices and stuff, depending on how many players tend to buy... Just an unfinished idea. Or if we had a money account for factions. This way we could produce money for our faction and have it distributed by a manager or other authorized role.

First, the Faction balance/wallet has been removed due to people being to go over the /bal cap and also, good luck trying to find a stock market plugin for 1.5.2 on Voltz

Another thing is that the money system works, it is how the world is run, rich people have lots of it and pay the poorer people to get/do stuff for them.

I do agree though that there should be more that you could do with money, like gain access to private areas of the map or something, or like an end goal that you need lots of money to get to.

Edited by Mrkibbles