Mrkibbles

I think it might be a good idea to have something else to do in Voltz because as of right now, it seems that after you set up a wither farm for example, you have an infinite amount of cash and nothing to spend it on. I am proposing that you create an area where you aren't allowed to take any items in or out, but you can buy building blocks and land with your money, this could bring in more people as it adds a final goal. In the land, you could have build battles, invite people in to see your building or house or just chill out away from the usual voltz. 

This could add another goal in the game and make it so people can build amazing structures without them being destroyed or ruined and if enough people build there, it could create a city for people to role play in, and again could bring in more people to the server.

Edited by Mrkibbles

Hey MrKibbles,

I'm very supportive of your ideas. I think it would be excellent to have areas where people can just build. I think voltz has many decorative blocks (especially with the hacksaw). The money convention behind it, well, I see where you're coming from - I don't know how well it would work but neat idea. 

I do love the idea build battles etc. 

Here is a quick poll, just to see what interest lies throughout the community

DISCUSS

-Edgar

Edited by Edgar

I Personally think that its a good idea, But..... i think like a plot server or open world in creative mode would be great to experiment things on the server but, i think that "raiding" should be on to some extent because, I think this feature could be very useful to experiment with mods and learn new thing and set new limits for what we can do in voltz.

I don't like it. A plot server on a modpack made for raiding and war? There is lots of other endgame stuff you can do

EDIT:

It would also be really hard to prevent people from abusing it to become unraidable as you would need separate echest there and preventing people from teleporting alts directly there

Edited by williamnorge

I know that it is a server for raiding and war, but to be honest there really isn't much to raid because all bases are hidden and the ones you find are either very hard to raid or not worth your time.

I understand that there would be issues with making sure people don't cheat but i thought to get around it you could make it so you would have to type /warp plot    for example, and when you do that, you get a fresh inventory for the realm so it would be impossible to take items in or out?

And also I thought it would be a good idea because it would first attract more people, bring the community closer by allowing them to share their designs and possibly allow people to build together as Voltz isn't just about raiding and wars, it has a lot of decorative blocks and more machines to make your cool designs.

Also it wouldn't just be an endgame thing, it will just be something else to do to relax and take a break from the normal Voltz. I understand that Voltz is primarily about raiding and wars, but having something else to do won't just bring in more people to play but also keep people in that for example have got raided, lost everything and don't necessarily want to start again but would like to go to the city and chill out. 

I also believe that it could be another fun way of making money as you could have privately held or publicly help competitions for building. It would make the server more fun.

On 10/29/2018 at 5:53 AM, williamnorge said:

I don't like it. A plot server on a modpack made for raiding and war? There is lots of other endgame stuff you can do

EDIT:

It would also be really hard to prevent people from abusing it to become unraidable as you would need separate echest there and preventing people from teleporting alts directly there

In reply to your comment on the enderchest situation, yes I agree that could be an issue. However, tp'ing alt's into there wouldn't be an issue, multiverse has an option in worlds to share separate inventories therefore making it so you cant just put stuff into your inventory in one world and keep it in the other

I just wanted to update everyone on the situation of this. Currently I am working with Edgar to create a privately owned plot land where people can just build and relax. There will be rules though, the soul purpose of the plots are so people can build decorative and nice looking things whilst interacting with other players. The land will be checked regularly for any misuse, eg, creating miniature bases or storage areas. The plots are built but I have just started to protect the land as it will not be part of the server's official places. If anyone has any  ideas on how I c could make this place as safe as possible for players and the land, please reply to this message.

The current plan for protection is have a self sustaining fulmination gen which powers multiple matrixes, EMP Towers. The base of the plot consists of Fulmination gens to make it harder to matter cannon and completely destroy, I was also considering adding in a cubic force field but am unsere whether to do that.