IsaNova

Death messages

As of right now, no death messages, besides beheadings, are being announced. For many occasions (and bragging rights, of course) it'd be useful, and more fun, to see (some) death messages being announced. I'm suggesting to next to beheadings, also have death messages for named item kills to be enabled.

Faction familiarity

Enable the prefix for faction tags, or faction names. It'd be easier to see who's part of what, would bring faction familiarity to new players, and simply adds a bit more flavor to the chat. If an entire faction name would be considered too long as prefix (which would be unfortunate, but anyway), consider enabling faction tags as prefixes. I'm pretty sure that the plugin we use for factions already has built-in functionality for this.

It would also involve people more with factions in general, and hopefully, would stimulate them to participate in factions the way they're meant to. Right now, seemingly, no one much really seems to use factions as anything besides a 'grouping' of players.

I do like the idea of adding all kills to chat. Unfortunately, I will not be able to do the faction tag idea because it will simply clutter chat too much despite the name being long or not. Most servers that have this enabled do not have rank prefixes as we do from what I've seen.

Just looked into death messages appearing in chat. This will not be enabled because there's lots of weird killing items in Voltz and having it enabled will make some weird and long kill items. For example overheating with power armor leaves a very weird death message that doesn't even include the player's name and in order for all kills to appear in chat all deaths would also have to appear in chat. Another example is explosions, if a player dies from an explosion it won't just say they died from an antimatter explosion but instead of a long, unclear name to the death. I actually liked this idea but it could result in more ways to spam chat and can cause confusion to random things popping up in chat.