OBNW Voltz

What is your In Game Name?

Anvilies

What is your TeamSpeak Name?

Rain. Discord ID is Anvil#0749

What is your Timezone?

CST (Central Standard Time)

When are you available?

12pm to 6pm for server/forum, 5am to 9pm for discord.

What time can you dedicate to the server on week-days and week-ends

I can get on during the weekends from 1pm to 10pm.

What is your In Game Rank? 

Emperor on my main account, Prince on Anvilies.

When did you first start playing Minecraft? When did you start playing modded packs and Voltz? 

I started playing Minecraft about 6 or 7 years ago, I don't remember too much about my age at the time. Was about 12 or 13, I was over at my friend's house and he showed me it on his computer. Only got to play Survival a bit and build a small hut, and tried out Creative afterwards. I really liked the game so I downloaded one of those free versions, you know, the ones without multiplayer. I stayed playing Minecraft like that for a few months or so until I was able to save up and buy the full version. Shortly after getting it and trying out a few servers I found out about the Technic Launcher and mods. My first pack I tried out was Voltz, and I really liked it - although I never really got into it, the only stuff I did was mess around with missiles in creative cause I didn't understand anything else about the pack lol. I stopped playing it due to all my friends being on regular mc, and was kind of hard to find active people to play with, everyone either had their own teams or would quit quickly. I was a big noob at that time, teaming with whoever I could, always getting raided, never making it past stealing power from spawn via batteries. So as I said I stopped playing Voltz for a few years until I was bored one day last year and came looking to get into it again. Found OBNW, made friends, learned the pack, and here I am today. 

What experiences do you have moderating a community or game? 

I've been staff here before for a while, for about roughly over a year in total service (between the 5th and 6th month I sort of resigned due to school, which was a mistake rip) Most of you should know me and my experience by now -atleast the people who matter reading this :v-  But I'll tell ya anyways. I always try to help whoever I can when I can, unless I'm AFK, busy, or can't answer confident in answering validity. I like to get both sides of any story before I decide to punish or not. I try to follow the guidelines to the best of my ability and issue all my warnings/punishments based off of them, which is why I've never falsely punished anyone.. purposely atleast. I do understand that certain situations do call for more personal judgement, but I try to stay true to the guideline etiquette. I am pretty laidback most of the time, as no one likes a robotic staff member amirite? However I will dish out professionalism and punishment when needed.(Bring on the period'd sentences!)

Have you ever been given a staff role on a server before, and if so, what did you have to fulfill?

I've only been staff on three servers in total, two of which didn't require me to do much since they were both very small servers. My first time staffing a server I was Helper to Admin and moderated the place, we had some rules and staff guidelines so I wasn't completely useless when I started, and before I did I made sure to watch the current team do their job and learn from that. As an Admin there I was still just moderating tbh, I did some minor building but it was small stuff like a /warp wild and a pvp arena. I didn't do much with commands and the server shut down before I could learn anything more about the role, so I was still useless in the admin role after that. The second server, I did basically the same, didn't make it far though that one shut down quickly. This place is where I really got more experience with moderating and more.  

Why should you be a Helper? Why do you want to be a Helper? 

Honestly I sort of miss being on the team, even though I only talked to a few other staff. Also sometimes, I'll stay up late into the night, and there's a nice amount of people getting away with breaking the rules and it's just annoying that I can't do anything. Staff is either asleep or AFK at the times too so reporting would take too long for a punishment. I do enjoy helping players on the server as well, from server information to modpack help. It's a good feeling when you help someone out and they appreciate it, like most do. I've resigned in the past due to lack of time available, however I've done alot that I needed to so I have more time now. Also I can manage my time better now so even if I do have something to do I'll still have time to dedicate to OBNW. I am pretty experienced in modpack knowledge, putting aside heavy rednet and raiding techniques(Always been more of a pve guy)

Who are you?

My name is Nicolas, I'm a 19 year old guy from Texas. Before any of you ask, I'm a city boy. No country accent here. I'm actually Hispanic if you're wondering. So I'm more close to being from Mexico, but I was born in the US so I don't classify as being mexican :v I've enjoyed playing video games almost all my life, started out on the playstation 2 when I was three years old. I'm a playstation fan, but I don't diss xbox. I think they're both good, I just grew up with playstation so switching over never really seemed possible to me. I still bought a xbox one for some forgotten reason. I stayed playing console up until 6 or 7 years ago when I was introduced to Minecraft. Although I only had a craptop to play with so mc was the only pc game I could play for a while. I only just got an actual decent pc last year, and have tried a few different games. So I'm still a bit fresh to pc gaming. I still play my ps3 here and there :b I do own a ps4 but I cba to pay for multiplayer so I just use it to watch anime on hulu or movies. Don't ask me about my education, I won't say much on that, uninteresting topic anyway. Just know I graduated highschool. And that's all I can think to put here. Oh, I do love the game osu! if you know what that is. 

What is your Age?

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Strengths:

:979_small_orange_diamond:Conflict resolution
:979_small_orange_diamond:Great memory
:979_small_orange_diamond:Can stay calm under a heated situation
:979_small_orange_diamond:Quick learner

Weaknesses:

:980_small_blue_diamond:A little shy when it comes to voice, won't talk in discord much unless something serious calls for it. 
:980_small_blue_diamond:Can be unconfident in my actions
:980_small_blue_diamond:A bit slow on making decisions based off personal judgement, I need time to think :b

Additional Information (optional)
You should know that I have two accounts, if I get accepted I'll take the rank on Anvilies. MOGA, hail the reunion!