Accepted

+============================================================+

What Server are you applying for?

Im applying for Voltz 2.0

What is your In-Game Name?

mas12349 (Nicknamed Cypher)

What is your Discord Name and ID?

フㄖ丂卄#0470

What is your time zone? Where are you from?

GMT ( +00 ) and I live in England

When are you available?

I am available most of the day and play late into the night on the weekends. School and stuff like that can sometimes be a minor inconvenience but overall, most of the time.

What time can you dedicate to the server on weekdays and weekends

I usually come online straight after school at 3 pm and then normally play up to 10 or 11 pm, whereas on the weekends I play from around 1-2pm until anywhere between 1-5am depending on how busy I've been in the week. I can always be reached via discord on my phone though and am normally able to jump on if im needed.

What is your In-Game Rank? (/ar check rank and donator rank if applicable)

As of now I've played for 1 Day 6 hours and am a stoneguard. The servers still pretty new and I've been playing since I saw the message in announcements and on Voltz 1.0 I have 11 days and 7 hours of playtime. I've also bought infinite homes on both servers, platinum on voltz1 and /nick on voltz2.0.

When did you first start playing Minecraft? When did you start playing modded packs and Voltz?

I first started playing Minecraft way back in 2010/2011 when a friend let me share his account to play singleplayer on. I played it pretty much every day on a laptop and sometimes a pc for several hours. I actually got to a point where I would play for so long the screen gave me headaches which lead to some pretty unhealthy habits. Eventually after a few years though I figured out how to install modded Minecraft packs by watching youtubers play the games. the first pack I downloaded was Voltz because that was the playlist of videos I was watching at that time. I only played on singleplayer and messed around by importing mod files from other packs I had installed. About 2 years ago now though I bought a new PC and around March time I realized I'd completely forgotten about modded Minecraft and immediately started back on Voltz. I re-learned all the mods and eventually got bored of the pack mainly because of the lack of mods. So I went and played a network that had a load of different modpacks and progressed through each individual modpack until I had completed them all. at this point I had over 500 hours played and I got bored again so decided to come back and revisit Voltz and came back to oblivion networks. I played through the pack again but this time (around October) I decided id apply for staff and managed to get accepted as a helper. After some time though I'd been hospitalized for about a week or two and didn't get much chance to go on the internet and my phone got completely destroyed so I couldn't get the word across to the discord resulting in me getting demoted and that was probably the last time I've played Minecraft. I went to console for a fairly long time up until about a week ago when I decided (yet again) id come back and try out this new modpack that had been announced in the discord. Which brings us up to now.

What experiences do you have moderating a community or game? (Answer in depth)

Have you ever been given a staff role on a server before, and if so, what did you have to fulfill?

I've been given a few chatmod/moderator roles on vanilla Minecraft servers back when I used to play vanilla before I came to modded. My job was to basically moderate player behavior, to engage with the community to keep it active and  every now and then I'd have to start an intervention when two players claim something happened to them that the other player did and it was my job to calm them down and find an agreement that satisfied both players. Last October I also had a helper role on Oblivion-Networks but I went into more detail about that and how it ended in the paragraph above.

Why should you be a Helper? Why do you want to be a Helper? (Answer in depth)

Please answer thoroughly

I want to be a helper because it enables me to help the community a lot easier, for example when people ask for help and I attempt to offer help I often get rejected as they thought I'd note their coordinates down and kill them or something along those lines. Whereas if I have the helper rank people know that I'm trustable and I they know that im there to help them. I think I should also be a helper because it allows me to help players when other staff are not online because I'm UK timezone which there is often a lack of in terms of staffing across all servers and networks in general. My easily approachable character means that people won't hesitate to ask questions or strike up a conversation with me.

I also have a large amount of knowledge across pretty much all mods and know all about voltz1 and the mods in voltz2. This means that I am aware of glitches that could stop something from working hence meaning I could help players who experience this.

However, if the staff team disagrees with this and believes that I will slow the team down or have a negative impact on the team I completely understand and respect that decision.

Who are you?

Give us a little information on yourself

My name is Josh and I thoroughly enjoy mechanics and engineering, as well as computing, however, I'm not as well self-educated in computing as id like to be. I love cars and understanding how each piece comes together and works with each other to make a working car. And I intend to go into a games-design course once I finish school and then hopefully get a career as a games designer or an engineer. Whenever I'm not playing with mechanics or fixing bikes/cars etc. I'm inside on my pc playing games. I do often go and hang around with friends and stuff more than I make it sound. 

What is your Age?

I'm 15 turning 16 in December.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

This is nothing to do with what mods/plugins you know and don't know or how good of a builder you are. We are asking what intellectual attributes you have and if you have any flaws in your personality (trust me, we all do) - you can list them via bullet points or write a paragraph or two

My strengths could include:

• I try to be as social as I can.
  • I've been told I have an easily-approachable, friendly character.
  • I tend to dedicate a lot of time to something I really enjoy.
  • If something interests me, I'm keen to learn more about that topic.
  • I've followed the rules too closely before and feel as if I've improved myself now.

Some of my flaws could also include:

• I can develop bad habits from time to time.
  • I stress too much over little things.
  • Occasionally my social anxiety likes to kick in and limit me.
  • I focus too much on things that aren't important.

Additional Information (optional)

I really do look forward to getting accepted if you do agree and decide that I'd be a good fit for the staff team. However I fully accept and respect your final decision and will work harder to improve myself.

+============================================================+

Application Accepted.

Please check your discord DM's.