Blackskycloud

Accepted

What Server are you applying for?

Voltz 1.12.2

What is your In-Game Name?

BlackSkyCloud - Nickname: SkyCloud

What is your Discord Name and ID?

Hinnik#2941

What is your time zone? Where are you from?

My timezone is GMT+2 and I am from the Netherlands.

When are you available?

I am able to play on the server in the evenings on weekdays, and on sunday during weekends. I'm usually available on Discord, though.

What time can you dedicate to the server on week-days and week-ends?

Due to my full time internship, it is only possible for me to play in the evenings (6pm - 10pm GMT+2) on week-days until early november. However, I can still be very active on Discord. I work on saturdays, but expect to see me online throughout the day on sunday. I try to be as active as I possibly can. Expect to see me online more often in two months, when my internship has ended and regular school (with shorter days) starts.

What is your In Game Rank?

My current rank is StoneGuard.
I have also purchased the Titan donator rank.

When did you first start playing Minecraft? When did you start playing modded packs and Voltz?

I bought Minecraft in 2012 and have loved it ever since. I thought the possibilities in Vanilla were endless and was obviously blown away when I discovered Tekkit Classic, probably around 2013 - 2014.

After having played Tekkit for ages, I switched to some other modpacks, and finally to Voltz. I do not remember exactly when I joined the Oblivion Networks Voltz server, but 2017 sounds about right.

What experiences do you have moderating a community or game?

Outside of Vanilla and modded Minecraft, I have not been assigned any staff roles or responsibilities to moderate a game or community. My answer to the next question contains a more in-depth description of my experience as a staff member.

Have you ever been given a staff role on a server before, and if so, what did you have to fulfil?

The first staff role I've been given was all the way back on a Minecraft Classic server! I don't remember what my task was, just that I wasn't ready for it. I was 11 - 12 years old, and had no experience at all. It taught me a few things though, like how quickly you can get demoted by not doing your job!

That is the only one that really stands out. I have been a part of other staff teams as well, both Vanilla and modded. Most staff roles required me to monitor the chat, answer questions and assist players, but each one allowed me to gain more experience.

Then, around 2017, I joined the Oblivion Voltz staff team. I had my ups and downs, but learned a lot as a Helper and eventually as a ChatMod.

Looking back at that time, I believe I've come a long way and I am ready to be a part of this staff team again.

Why should you be a Helper? Why do you want to be a Helper?

While playing on Voltz 1.12.2, I have noticed a lot of new players who are unfamiliar with Voltz, or even modded Minecraft as a whole. I find myself helping these players a lot by answering their questions, but due to obvious trust issues in a pack like this, I am not able to help them out in any other way.
By becoming a Helper, I hope it will be easier for players, experienced or not, to trust me and ask me for help. I see myself as a friendly person, and I am always prepared to assist in any way I can.

Unfortunately, I have also noticed some toxicity and racism going on in chat. As a staff member I hope to be able to reduce this.

Who are you?

I'm Kevin, a laid back college student who aims to become a software engineer in the future. I would say I'm a good mixture of friendliness and sarcasm. I enjoy watching movies, playing games, wasting money on AliExpress and Wish, and adding more useless RGB to my PC setup.

What is your Age?

I am 19 years old.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

My strengths include that I am a helpful and friendly person, speak decent English despite it not being my native language, and am open to criticism. I'm as good at working in a team as I am working alone.

A few of my weaknesses: I get shy in big groups, so I will be relatively quiet in potential Discord meetings. I tend to get bored quite easily, and am sometimes a bit forgetful of (possibly important) things. I may also procrastinate, which is a thing I am trying to improve on.

Additional Information (optional)

It's good to be back. I've missed playing Voltz ever since the server became less popular, and the release of Voltz 1.12.2 came as a pleasant surprise. I hope to have as much fun now as I had back on the old server!

Application Accepted.

Please check your discord DM's. Also, Welcome back ;)