williamnorge

I have recently noticed that more and more people seems to use the bedrock exploit, and i personally think this exploit is both game breaking and unfair. The exploit is that you blow a hole in the bedrock at the bottom of the world with a nuke, and then fly under the bedrock looking for fps lag. The reason i think this exploit should be removed is that it both makes it almost impossible to build any decently sized base on anything other than a space station. It also takes a lot of the struggle and fun out of raiding, raiding should be hard, it should be an efford, you shouldn't just be able to nuke a hole, and listen to an audiobook while you fly around looking for bases. I think this exploit should be illegal, and that it should be bannable to use it. Thank you for your time.

-williamnorge

first they could fix the problem wilt nukes (and sometimes antimatter) blowing up bedrock, then the staff could use worldedit to patch up the holes that alreadly exist

Edited by williamnorge

I don't see see how this can be countered. Just say that these holes are 'patched up' and we're able  use a plugin that makes bedrock untouchable by nukes, anti-matter, ect. Players can still fly around and pick up laggy, or loaded chunks.

yea but it will be much harder, under bedrock you can just fly but while flying through the nether you encounter obstacles.

EDIT: or overworld

Edited by williamnorge

and if i remember correctly the rules say its not allowed to break bedrock, and if thats the case then this shoulnt be allowed either because you have to break bedrock to do it

(Please do not double post, edit your previous comment instead of making another one.)

That doesn't stop players, there's other ways to glitch past bedrock.

but that would be bug exploiting as raiding people gives you an advantage, and thats against the rules too

and i checked the rules, bedrock breaking is stated as illegal under game griefing. 

cant you just make the bedrock layers two blocks thick? or alternativley fix the epearl glitch

i think this also goes under map exploiting, as you exploit a feature in the map to gain an advantage.

i think that if you blow up the bedrock you also break it at the same moment, since the bedrock is gone afterwards. and its impossible to build big bases without causing lag

Edited by williamnorge

They can still glitch through using enderpearls, as that method is used in the nether.

Also, please do not double post. Edit your post if you want to add something.

The rules do not say they cant blow through bedrock that I can see. William if you could show me where this is stated, that would be great. You simply have to design a base to cause minimal lag. plus with the large size of the map the probablility of finding bases. Also the blowing up of bedrock is NOT  a bug. It is a simple thing in the config. 

I dislike the mentality of this post for quite a few reasons, to start this is important to the game..... because their is 1 method of unraidable base that becomes possible simply by removing the ability to get under bedrock, and that alone is gamebreaking enough to make it so the rich are never raided, and I have a feeling this post is credited to you being raided after going a very long time without being raided, and very likely would continue for months if not years without being raided if this wasn't a thing, but that's just it.... people who never were raided are finally being raided and the map is finally balancing itself out.... aswell as (raiding is supposed to be hard) -Trackers- is a thing..... so don't even use that excuse XD and in vanilla voltz, bedrock is 100% breakable, and always has been, this is nothing new... in fact true story you can get under bedrock in vanilla minecraft pre 1.8 if u know the trick.... so its in minecraft period.... now you could argue since only new players get raided by trackers, it isn't overpowered.... but you could also argue it just allows the rich to pick on the poor and abuse them, this puts everyone on a fair level..... even the rich have to hide better and adapt their setups..... as we have and have continued to time and again, the moral of the story is, this is nessesary and a legitimate game mechanic, and if u think otherwise, longdapong, defuse, killfalcon and pat all told me it was a legitimate and nessesary mechanic when I asked them about it.... I guess what I wanna say is, I'm glad the rich are finally being knocked back a bit, and without this unraidable bases would just ruin the game for everyone.

Edited by Chickendoo9

I am actually in agreement with @Chickendoo9 which may sound crazy and I have a doctors appointment to make sure I dont have a concussion today but seriously guys. Everybody falls one day.