DasMilkMan

I was thinking of how to improve upon the purchase of /gctp.

I think that most people don't want to buy command because they know they will get raided. Why buy something that you are not going to use?

To find a space station that has a base all you have to do is have the commands /gctp and unlimited homes. you go to each world and set a home. At any time you go through

your /home's like ss1,ss2, ss3, ss4, ss5, etc and eventually if someone has made a /home there the space will be loaded and you can /home. Now that you know someone is at that

space station and its all over.

To stop that problem what if you could buy a space station with a password. Now you can build in peace and only have to worry about the people who you told the password to.

i would pay 20$ for that. It would be awesome to have a Personal place that you could invite your friends to. You could also basically force people to buy /gctp command if they 

buy a personal space station

That sounds broken. Paying 20$ to become unraidable? Yeah..

No one should be unraidable. It's not fun. And it's easy enough to not get found anyway.

I don't think Oblivion Networks are interested in this.

(my opinion)

-Isa

1st point. You know it dose not have to be 20$ it can be 100$ or 1000$ (please use your imagination)

2nd point. People pay to be able to raid other people with ease. why not have people pay to have a place to build safely?

3rd point. it gives /gctp more of a reason to actually exist because all space stations get raided (as i have pointed out earlier.)

Thinking on it more, it dose not give players that much of an advantage after a reset if they cant build oxygen gear before going up. You would have to have a base established first before going up there.

Also if a player complains about getting raided all the time you could tell them to buy the space station. The best part is that they might actually buy it and increase server profit.

19 minutes ago, DasMilkMan said:

1st point. You know it dose not have to be 20$ it can be 100$ or 1000$ (please use your imagination)

2nd point. People pay to be able to raid other people with ease. why not have people pay to have a place to build safely?

3rd point. it gives /gctp more of a reason to actually exist because all space stations get raided (as i have pointed out earlier.)

Thinking on it more, it dose not give players that much of an advantage after a reset if they cant build oxygen gear before going up. You would have to have a base established first before going up there.

Also if a player complains about getting raided all the time you could tell them to buy the space station. The best part is that they might actually buy it and increase server profit.

No matter how much money you're asking, it still doesn't change my point; this would still give you an unfair adventage over other players, no matter how much it costs.

Point two is a bunch of crap. "Pay to be able to raid"? Explain this to me, please? How do donators have an adventage over finding others compared to a normal player?

"Thinking on it more, it dose not give players that much of an advantage after a reset if they cant build oxygen gear before going up. You would have to have a base established first before going up there"

Really? It takes like half a stack of tin/iron/steel/coal/glass to make a full set of oxygen gear. Space stations are dirt cheap too. You don't need an established base, you can be in space in under an hour easily. And already be unraidable. This is an unfair adventage over other players.

If players complain about getting raided than that's their problem. Maybe they should get good and not get tracked. Selling unraidable bases is no solution to this as people who are dumb enough to get raided probably won't have the money/spend it on such a thing anyway. Besides that, in my honourable opinion, they don't deserve it.

"The best part is that they might actually buy it and increase server profit."

By having a small minority that can afford it buy one, and having more people quit for the server being "pay to win" and having literally unraidable players? It'd have a bigger negative impact than positive.

This isn't a well thought-trough solution. Hopefully you can see this too.

-Isa

Yes i have explained that people who pay do have an advantage.  Please read the first post. If you don't believe me then ask Raiden.

IsaNova if you have no new points on this issue please give other people a chance to weigh in on this.

24 minutes ago, DasMilkMan said:

Yes i have explained that people who pay do have an advantage.  Please read the first post. If you don't believe me then ask Raiden.

IsaNova if you have no new points on this issue please give other people a chance to weigh in on this.

An unfair adventage. Either way, your suggestion's gonna be denied. This is game-breaking.

"IsaNova if you have no new points on this issue please give other people a chance to weigh in on this."

See above post.

Also what has Raiden exactly to do with this?

-Isa

Edited by IsaNova

In my opinion making unraidable bases would destroy the core idea of the voltz modpack. Sure donors already receive an advantage over other players, but not to the level of literal immortality. Unraidable bases, in my view, destroy the fabric of what is intended to be a full-on war/pvp modpack. Most developers and server owners in fact go to great lengths to prevent unraidable bases such as what you're suggesting.

Either way, this would also be quite difficult to implement (if we wanted to).

Edited by DJT183

I'm gonna say this in the nicest way possible... This is a horrible idea and like DJT said it completely ruins the aspect of Voltz. Everyone should be raidable and you're saying gctp is useless but it's not because I probably use it all the time to raid space stations. 

Lol. This makes raiding impossible. Even for $1000. This is just a dumb idea.

7 hours ago, Exiled said:

Lol. This makes raiding impossible. Even for $1000. This is just a dumb idea.

+1

I personally think its a GREAT option for voltz. Maybe if they nerfed it a little bit then it wouldn't be as overpowered..Maybe if there was a 4 digit passcode instead of a full-blown password(letters/numbers,etc.) then it might be better, or something like that. Leave a reply with your opinion, I'm interested

Edited by AO_Playz
typo

Still would be dumb. The fact that somebody would have to through 9999 possible combos is crazy. Those who disagree with this are probably people who want to spend a quick buck to be unraidable. The chances of this happening are so slim to none that even when the earth tips off it's axis and flies into the sun it wont happen.

27 minutes ago, Exiled said:

Still would be dumb. The fact that somebody would have to through 9999 possible combos is crazy. Those who disagree with this are probably people who want to spend a quick buck to be unraidable. The chances of this happening are so slim to none that even when the earth tips off it's axis and flies into the sun it wont happen.

"those who disagree with this are probably people who want to spend a quick buck to be unraidable."

Yeah i get what you're saying, but i still believe that there could be some little nerf to it like maybe if you pay for a codebreaker of something, that would help. And it would increase server profit.

5 hours ago, AO_Playz said:

"those who disagree with this are probably people who want to spend a quick buck to be unraidable."

Yeah i get what you're saying, but i still believe that there could be some little nerf to it like maybe if you pay for a codebreaker of something, that would help. And it would increase server profit.

"(...) if you pay for a codebreaker of something, that would help."

That's *ahem* slightly pay to win. Only allowing donators to raid other donators? Server profit is nice, but it'd scare more people of having such a system than it would bring profit.

In my honest opinion, this is a really dumb idea.

-Isa

6 hours ago, Exiled said:

"(...) 9999 possible combos (...)"

I'd like to add that that's just for NUMBERS... If you include all characters that you can also use for website domain names, you end up with (over) 456976 combinations. So yeah, that's a tiny bit INSANE! Even with a bot this would take ages to crack, let alone manually!

-Isa

It amazes me how this is still an argument... 90% of the people hate the idea I think we should just... stop....

Overall it's a very overpowered thing and brings more of the pay to win aspect to the server which is ridiculous to even come up with this.

Edited by 123titanic

I've had a space station for months and it hasn't been raided so the statement "All space stations get raided" is a lie even if someone finds it they aren't raiding it.