IsaNova

Answered

Player market (physical)   18 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Would you like to see a physical player market?

• Yes
    • No (please comment why not)
    • No opinion

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

tl;dr: I'm suggesting we add physical player shops, where people can physically build a shop in pre-made plots.

Basically, many players have agreed that this would be a great addition to the server, and to the /market. These days, the economy is pretty bad. People aren't selling quality goods because there's not a whole lot of demand, and people for the same reason don't care to make money, because there's nothing good for sale at decent prices anyway.

My suggestion is that we add player-built shops to a new protected area. This area would have plots of various sizes players could hire. People can build their shop in this plot of their choosing, in the dedicated sizes.

Many players really just want a more direct way to sell stuff. And sell more stuff, in general. A player-driven market would stand out from /market listings, and it's overall fun for sellers to build an attractive looking shop to compete with others. Besides, restocking would be easier for sellers, and advertising too!

Also, many (new) players might be more comfortable with physical shops versus the /market.

FAQ:

1) Wouldn't this break /market listings, or the economy in general? (since /market takes tax off of sold items)

The answer would be no. The plots for players to build on would cost money to hire. People would have to keep selling goods, likely a lot of goods, to get enough to even pay for their plot. This would represent the "tax" the /market takes. Hiring a plot should not be cheap, also.

2) Does anybody even want this? Is there a demand for a thing like this?

Yes. There is. I've talked with several players briefly, and everybody agreed that it would be a great addition to the current economy of the server.

3) Is this even possible?

Yes, it's not difficult, and several if not most servers I played on had this as addition to /market and an admin shop.

Thank you kindly for reading my suggestion.

Sincerely,

-Isa

I've seen this on other servers and to be honest it was great. It allowed players to show their building abilities and make shops for people to buy from. Although there would need to be rules against basing on he plots and storing anything important on these plots

4 hours ago, 123titanic said:

I've seen this on other servers and to be honest it was great. It allowed players to show their building abilities and make shops for people to buy from. Although there would need to be rules against basing on he plots and storing anything important on these plots

I agree if rules are set to stop players having an unraidable base / storage

5 minutes ago, prominecrafter05 said:

That's a fair point - if this were to happen, we'd need to be sure players aren't using land-plots for personal use.

I'd love to see it on legends too, it would give others a chance to use their cash, and give them another reason to keep voting

Definitely a +1 on this topic but we would need Oblivion to push on it :P

Well I suggested this a while back, it was denied, but continues do be a +1 from me.

23 hours ago, 123titanic said:

18 hours ago, prominecrafter05 said:

18 hours ago, DJT183 said:

That's a fair point - if this were to happen, we'd need to be sure players aren't using land-plots for personal use.

There would definitely have to be very strict rules on this, possibly enforced with a temp-ban. I'm sure people willing to spend enough to hire a plot (they shouldn't come cheap) would use common sense and wouldn't risk it anyway, but, yes. Of course you shouldn't be able to base on these plots.

11 hours ago, Nicoli_Leap said:

I'd love to see it on legends too, it would give others a chance to use their cash, and give them another reason to keep voting

Here on Voltz the economy currently is zero. It'd give a great boost to the economy here, and like you mentioned, indeed this would be a great reason for people to keep voting.

It's awesome seeing support from players from other servers supporting this!

Edited by IsaNova

23 minutes ago, Lindovski said:

Well I suggested this a while back, it was denied, but continues do be a +1 from me.

Didn't see you make a forum post, so decided to make my own. Hopefully this will gain enough attention to get this actually done this time!

To avoid players basing there other servers allowed it to be raided

46 minutes ago, Generalol69 said:

Why pay alot of cash to sell something just for it to be raided, if you were to do that you maysal just use /market

15 minutes ago, prominecrafter05 said:

Why pay alot of cash to sell something just for it to be raided, if you were to do that you maysal just use /market

It only can be raided if you use a ME syatem

Allowing a playershop to be raided is an absurd idea.

7 hours ago, Generalol69 said:

..What? This is an absurd idea. Playershops should not be raidable. There's no way anyone can protect them either, being in a protected area.

6 hours ago, prominecrafter05 said:

+1

6 hours ago, Generalol69 said:

It only can be raided if you use a ME syatem

Failing to disallow players access to your stock would be your own problem, but allowing them to raid an entire shop, or gain access to it by breaking into one? No, bad idea.

3 hours ago, DJT183 said:

Allowing a playershop to be raided is an absurd idea.

I completely agree with this. There would literally be no point in playershops in the first place if this was a thing.

2 minutes ago, IsaNova said:

..What? This is an absurd idea. Playershops should not be raidable. There's no way anyone can protect them either, being in a protected area.

+1

Failing to disallow players access to your stock would be your own problem, but allowing them to raid an entire shop, or gain access to it by breaking into one? No, bad idea.

I completely agree with this. There would literally be no point in playershops in the first place if this was a thing.

Its is not easy as it seems first thing it should be a donor perk 2nd your shop is raided when players steal the drives not actually braking blocks

Just now, Generalol69 said:

Its is not easy as it seems first thing it should be a donor perk 2nd your shop is raided when players steal the drives not actually braking blocks

Really, a donator perk to be "allowed to raid shops"??

This sounds a bit.. I really have no words for this. I really think this is a really dumb idea. No offense.

1 minute ago, IsaNova said:

Really, a donator perk to be "allowed to raid shops"??

This sounds a bit.. I really have no words for this. I really think this is a really dumb idea. No offense.

all other servers do it like that and it was fine

3 minutes ago, Generalol69 said:

all other servers do it like that and it was fine

I have never seen any servers have a donator perk to allow for the raiding of playershops.

Edited by IsaNova

8 hours ago, Generalol69 said:

That's absurd.

make the zones too small for them to be used to base, but big enough to allow a shop to be there, i think the simplest solution is to make it so you cant have an ME system set up, or make it so you cant power it.   That or maybe setting up rules that prevent a player from building in the area.(by that I mean they can edit the signs to create the shop, but can't make the area a massive storage dump)

I have always loved player shops and I have always had one on other servers, but never a Voltz server.  

It would be interesting to see a trial period, say have some staff members start a shop area and test out the usage of the said shops.  As everyone above is saying, it would be a great addition onto the server and something that a lot of players seem to want.  10x10 plots of land for each player who pays for one seems reasonable.

How would you stop people from storing all of their material/items there, essentially making it the main base/ and shop?  

Overall, would love to see this implemented somehow.