epicalisepic

Answered

How old are you?   2 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. How old are you?

• 11 and under
    • 11 and over (if you feel in any way uncomfortable with this question, but still want to answer, feel free to choose this)
    • 12-13
    • 14-15
    • 16-17
    • 18+

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

So... the filters.

I understand why they're there, but I have a few points that might be interesting to think about.

1- A large portion of Minecraft players these days are at an age where swearing becomes a regular part of their daily language. It must also be noted that most younger players play minigame servers, like Mineplex.

2. This leads me to my second point- the filter pushes away players. Having certain words turn to "urinates" or "shizzle" puts players off. 

Solutions:

1. Turn the filter off. Rule in that swearing is allowed, but not excessively. Racial slurs and words like it are still not allowed.

2. Turn the filter off and have moderators discipline swearing. This wouldn't put players off as much as having to see "duck, shizzle, urinates" and more.

I would like to reiterate a point.

I was speaking to a Helper earlier. He explained that a lot of children play Minecraft, and that this was essentially a children's game. Because of this, a filter was needed. I asked the age of what he considered a child, and he said 11 and under. I'm going to be honest- most players, at least those who go through the effort to play tekkit- aren't 11 and under. 

I'm going to attach an optional and vague age poll. We'll see the results.

We absolutely will not turn the filters off.  As you stated in your post, Minecraft is a CHILDS game.  Do you see cussing/swearing in movies rated as PG?  No, you don't. 

We wish to keep our servers as PG as possible, if players are turned away by the fact that they can't act maturely on a server then they shouldn't even be playing.