live_box123

Hey y'all

The Voltz server is great and all, but sometimes it can feel pretty hard to make extra money. Being able to sell wither skulls, gravel, red matter, and singularities is fine, but I feel like there should really be more options for selling that don't involve the community market. Perhaps something like record discs, or the admin items from the theoretical elementizer, or maybe even oil cans/bucket of sludge/sewage. I've heard this complaint from new players, who are seeking a way to quickly make cash, and I can't say I blame them. For such an expansive buy shop, the sell shop seems kinda lackluster in comparison. 

We have a small sell shop for a number of reasons.

1. Having a larger shop will decrease the worth of money and ruin the Voltz economy.

2. Having a large sell shop will make it too easy to obtain money to the point where you can buy anything you need which is something we don't want.

3. It ruins the point of hard work, some people might think you build a wither farm then just afk but for some people it's a lot of work to make one.

From what I've seen in the past, we will not be expanding our shop and it is fine as it currently is.

I agree that the shop should be expanded. Having very few things to sell and rare ones at that is a terrible idea. There is a reason why you can sell almost everything in real life. The economy is already trash in voltz. making more stuff to sell would make it worse it would make it better. Make sell prices small and buy prices larger. but there needs to be more stuff to sell that isn't extremely hard to get.

You CAN sell anything you want, at any price you want.... with /market :P

And some of the items at warp sell aren't really that hard to get, such as gravel and wither skulls.

42 minutes ago, DJT183 said:

You CAN sell anything you want, at any price you want.... with /market :P

And some of the items at warp sell aren't really that hard to get, such as gravel and wither skulls.

Wither skulls are hard to get...I can only get 15 per second :( They should up the sell price.

21 hours ago, 123titanic said:

We have a small sell shop for a number of reasons.

1. Having a larger shop will decrease the worth of money and ruin the Voltz economy.

2. Having a large sell shop will make it too easy to obtain money to the point where you can buy anything you need which is something we don't want.

3. It ruins the point of hard work, some people might think you build a wither farm then just afk but for some people it's a lot of work to make one.

From what I've seen in the past, we will not be expanding our shop and it is fine as it currently is.

Alright so in response:

1. I totally agree with this, and that's why I wasn't suggesting something like a cobble sell or an ingot sell. That would definitely devalue the currency, That's why I was suggesting rarer items, like records. They may not be the best example, but I'm sure there are other limited resource items that could be sold. 

2. I also agree with this, but to be fair, voting already gives you a sizable amount of cash, that can easily afford you items that are annoying to craft (applied energistics items). 

3. I can see how an easy sell shop would do this, but once again this isn't what i'm suggesting. Just a few more rarer items that give it some variety. 

The sell shop is definitely FUNCTIONAL as is, but that doesn't mean it couldn't use an upgrade. 

8 hours ago, live_box123 said:

Alright so in response:

1. I totally agree with this, and that's why I wasn't suggesting something like a cobble sell or an ingot sell. That would definitely devalue the currency, That's why I was suggesting rarer items, like records. They may not be the best example, but I'm sure there are other limited resource items that could be sold. 

2. I also agree with this, but to be fair, voting already gives you a sizable amount of cash, that can easily afford you items that are annoying to craft (applied energistics items). 

3. I can see how an easy sell shop would do this, but once again this isn't what i'm suggesting. Just a few more rarer items that give it some variety. 

The sell shop is definitely FUNCTIONAL as is, but that doesn't mean it couldn't use an upgrade. 

Records are not that difficult to get as I can build a system that makes them quickly 

9 minutes ago, Nicoli_Leap said:

Records are not that difficult to get as I can build a system that makes them quickly 

Welp Nicoli, while I value this input, it was only an example. However, do please note a system can be set up to make quick wither skulls, and gravel isnt exactly a limited resource. The same is said for redmatter explosive (not as much so, but it's not like they're super coveted.) And singularities can easily be farmed, albeit with a slightly more complex system.

But, If you have a better idea for an expansion, by all means share it.

Edited by live_box123

On 2/8/2018 at 4:22 PM, live_box123 said:

Welp Nicoli, while I value this input, it was only an example. However, do please note a system can be set up to make quick wither skulls, and gravel isnt exactly a limited resource. The same is said for redmatter explosive (not as much so, but it's not like they're super coveted.) And singularities can easily be farmed, albeit with a slightly more complex system.

But, If you have a better idea for an expansion, by all means share it.

The point of the sell shop is to make a player work for the money, as to avoid the devaluation of the rest of the shop.  Log into the legends servers and see what we have there... the sell shop is meant to take time to work towards.

1 hour ago, Nicoli_Leap said:

The point of the sell shop is to make a player work for the money, as to avoid the devaluation of the rest of the shop.  Log into the legends servers and see what we have there... the sell shop is meant to take time to work towards.

Thanks for the offer Nicoli, but tekkit and my cpu do not play well together. However, an example would be much appreciated!

But I have to say I'm a bit confused...i definelty agree that the idea behind the shops is that you have to work a little bit to get the resources to reach success...but it's not like its particularly hard to reach this goal in voltz. In a world where most resources are provided by the mine, and the other resources can easily be bought/found, I don't see the reason why a few other items couldnt be added to the wall.